Category:Tests and Quizzes
The Tests & Quizzes tool allows instructors to create online assessments (i.e., tests, exams, quizzes, and surveys) for delivery via a web interface to students or other groups. It was designed primarily to administer tests, but instructors may also create assessments to gather survey information or informal course feedback. Assessments are created question by question, or through already prepared text, or through import from a formatted XML file.
The Tests & Quizzes tool offers many settings that allow instructors to control the layout, delivery, grading, student review options, and metadata of the assessment. These settings can be adjusted during the authoring. A bundle of values for the settings defines an Assessment Type, which allows instructors to store and re-use the settings of successive assessments. Common system-defined assessment types are already provided, and new ones can be created and saved.
Assessments in this tool fall into the two categories-- Draft Copies and Published Copies, which represent the instructor and student phases, respectively. Authoring by the instructor takes place in Draft Copies; a new assessment appears in that category. The act of publication makes the assessment available to students and moves it to the Published Copies category, where submissions and results become available.
To access this tool, select Tests & Quizzes from the Tool Menu in your site
Pages in category "Tests and Quizzes"
The following 55 pages are in this category, out of 55 total.
- Add a question to a question pool
- Add a rubric to an assessment (i.e. test or quiz)
- Add multiple parts to an assessment (i.e. test or quiz)
- Add tests and quizzes to a Lessons page
- Add, copy, move, or delete a question pool
- Adjust the layout and appearance of an assessment
- Allow a student to retake a test or quiz
- Availability and Submissions options for an assessment
- Copy questions from the question pool into an assessment
- Create a calculated question on a test or quiz
- Create a file upload question on a test or quiz
- Create a fill in the blank question on a test or quiz
- Create a hot spot question on a test or quiz
- Create a matching question on a Test or Quiz
- Create a multiple choice question on a Test or Quiz
- Create a new assessment using markup text or cut and paste
- Create a new question (with the assessment builder)
- Create a numeric response question on a test or quiz
- Create a short answer/essay question
- Create a student audio response question on a Test or Quiz
- Create a survey
- Create a true/false question on a Test or Quiz
- Create an assessment from a Question Pool
- Create an assessment in Tests and Quizzes
- Give specific students different time or date settings for an assessment (i.e. test or quiz)
- Give zeros to all students with no submission for an assessment
- Grade an assessment (i.e. test or quiz) using a rubric
- Grade assessment submissions by question
- Grade assessment submissions by student
- Grade tests and quizzes
- Grading and Feedback options for an assessment (i.e. test or quiz)