Create a link to an activity in a text box
Tip: If you are creating a text box in the Lessons tool, you may also insert activities directly as individual items on the page, rather than within the Rich-Text Editor. See Add assignments to a Lessons page for more information.
- 1 Select the text to be linked.
- 2 Click the Link icon.
- 3 Or use Ctrl/Command-L on the keyboard to open the Link dialog box.
- 4 Click Browse Server.
- 5 Double-click the name of the tool with the activity to which you want to link.
- 6 Click the checkbox next to the activity to which you want to link.
- 7 Click OK to create the link.
- 8 More questions about the Rich Text Editor tool?
In the text box, select the text you would like to serve as a link to the activity. For accessibility, you should use meaningful text to link to the activity.
Click the Link icon.
The Link icon looks like a chain link.
Or use Ctrl/Command-L on the keyboard to open the Link dialog box.
Alternatively, you can open the Link dialog box with the keyboard command Ctrl + L (in Windows) or Command + L (on a Mac).
Click Browse Server.
The Link dialog box will pop up. Click Browse Server.
The Server Browser will display in a pop-up window. If you have any items posted in tools such as Forums, Assignments or Tests & Quizzes, they will be displayed in the Server Browser.
Double-click the name of a tool to expand the list of items available in that tool, for example, Forums.
- Click the checkbox next to the activity to which you want to link.
- Click OK
The Link dialog box will display the URL of the activity in the URL box.
- Click OK to create the link.
- The text linked to the activity will be underlined.