Create an assessment from a Question Pool
- 1 Go to Tests & Quizzes
- 2 Select an assessment
- 3 Edit a part.
- 4 View assessment.
- 5 More questions about the Tests and Quizzes tool?
Go to Tests & Quizzes
Select the Tests & Quizzes tool from the Tool Menu in your site.
Select an assessment
Questions may be added to any assessment. Select an existing assessment or create a new one.
Note: You may also add a question directly to a question pool.
Create a New Assessment
For more information on creating new assessments, see Create an assessment in Tests and Quizzes.
Or edit an existing assessment
Edit a part.
In Tests & Quizzes, open the assessment and find the part. To edit the name and any of the information and settings associated with a part, next to that part's name, click Edit.
For the Type, choose Random draw from question pool.
Set the options for the random set.
- Enter the number of questions to draw from the selected question pool.
- Select the question pool from the drop-down menu.
- Choose to either randomize student questions each time an assessment is submitted or randomize student questions once for all submissions.
- Enter the point value for correct answers on each question. Note that all questions in this random draw must be worth the same amount of points.
- (Optional) For True/False and Multiple Choice, Single Correct questions, you may also enter a negative point value if a question is answered incorrectly.
Note: Point values entered here override any value that was specified for individual questions in the corresponding Question Pool.
You will be returned to the assessment editing screen with the random draw question set shown. You may add additional questions or question sets by adding more parts to the assessment.