Add a rubric to a forum topic
- 1 Go to Forums
- 2 Go to Topic Settings for a new or existing forum topic
- 3 In the Grading section, choose the gradebook item to associate with this topic
- 4 Configure the rubric options
- 5 Select Save when you have finished setting up the topic
- 6 Your forum topic now has a rubric attached
- 7 More questions about the Rubrics tool?
Go to Forums
Select the Forums tool from the tool menu of your site.
Go to Topic Settings for a new or existing forum topic
In the Grading section, choose the gradebook item to associate with this topic
Note: You must have an existing gradebook item in order to associate the forum topic with that item. If there are no existing items, you will need to go to the Gradebook to create the item first.
Configure the rubric options
- Select the Use the following rubric to grade this assignment radio button.
- Choose the desired rubric from the drop-down menu. Note: You must have existing rubrics in your site before they will display in the menu. Shared rubrics must first be copied to your site before they will be available for selection.
- (Optional) Preview the selected rubric to make sure that it is the correct one.
- (Optional) Check the box for Adjust individual student scores if you would like to be able to change the number of points awarded for individual criteria ratings while grading student posts on a per-student basis.
- (Optional) Check the box for Hide Rubric from student if you do not want students to see the rubric prior to posting.
Select Save when you have finished setting up the topic
Your forum topic now has a rubric attached
Topics with rubrics attached will display a rubric icon next to the title of the assignment.