Add a rubric to my site
- 1 Go to the Rubrics tool
- 2 Select Add Rubric
- 3 Enter a Rubric Title
- 4 Edit the existing criteria
- 5 Edit the Rating Titles and Points
- 6 Add as many new criteria as needed
- 7 Or, copy an existing criterion
- 8 Drag and drop to reorder
- 9 Delete any criteria you don't need
- 10 More questions about the Rubrics tool?
Go to the Rubrics tool
Select the Rubrics tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Select Add Rubric
Enter a Rubric Title
Edit the existing criteria
Select Edit Criterion to rename the default criteria.
- Edit the Criterion Title.
- Optionally, you may enter a Criterion Description.
- Select Save when done.
Edit the Rating Titles and Points
Select the pencil icon next to the rating item you wish to edit.
- Enter the Rating Title. This is the performance level, such as "Does not meet expectations," "Meets expectations," or "Exceeds expectations."
- Enter the Points.
- Optionally, enter the Rating Description.
- Select Save when finished.
To add another rating level to a criterion, mouse over the line separating one rating from the next and click on the + icon [Add rating to Criterion] to insert a new rating level at that location.
Add as many new criteria as needed
Select Add Criterion to add a new row.
Or, copy an existing criterion
Select the Copy icon [Clone Criterion] to copy an existing criterion.
Tip: Sometimes it is easier to copy an existing criterion and edit the copy, than to add a new one.
Drag and drop to reorder
You can change the order of both criteria and ratings by clicking on the Reorder icon in each cell and dragging the selected item to its new location.
Delete any criteria you don't need
Select the X icon [Remove Criterion] to delete an unnecessary criterion.
Select the Remove button when prompted to confirm the deletion.