Add an Announcement
- 1 Go to the Announcements tool.
- 2 Click Add.
- 3 Title your announcement and add content.
- 4 Determine who can view the announcement.
- 5 Select when the announcement will be displayed.
- 6 Add attachments. (Optional)
- 7 Notify participants of announcement by email. (Optional)
- 8 Click Post Announcement.
- 9 More questions about the Announcements tool?
Go to the Announcements tool.
Select the Announcements tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Title your announcement and add content.
Give your announcement a title, and then enter the content of the announcement into the Rich Text Editor. You may use the formatting options in the editor to modify the font size or color, add images or links, or embed other content.
Determine who can view the announcement.
By default, all people enrolled in this site see the announcement.
Making the announcement publicly viewable means that you can send a link to the announcement to people outside the course, even outside your instance of Sakai, and the announcement will be viewable by them.
Post announcement to group(s). (Optional)
If you have created groups in your course, the option to display to groups is shown. Select the group(s) you want to see the announcement. Only the people in the selected group will see this announcement.
Select when the announcement will be displayed.
By default, the announcement is displayed immediately upon posting. You can also choose to Hide it (saving as a draft until you are ready to post it), or you may Specify Dates when the announcement will be available.
Select availability dates. (Optional)
If you want the announcement to display during a specific time frame, choose Specify Dates. Select the box beside Beginning and/or Ending and click the calendar icon to insert the properly formatted date and time when the announcement will begin and/or end.
Click calendar icon to insert date and time.
Click the date on the calendar, and use the sliders to select the time. Then click Done.
Add attachments. (Optional)
Click the Add Attachments button.
Browse for the file.
If the file is not already in your Resources in the course, click Choose File to locate the file on your computer. Click Continue to attach the file.
If the file is in your Resources, click Attach a copy to the right of the file. Click Continue to attach the file.
Notify participants of announcement by email. (Optional)
By default, no email notification is sent. You may also select:
- High - All participants to send an email to everyone in the course.
- Low - Not received by those who have opted out to send to everyone except people who have intentionally changed their settings so that they don't receive low priority messages.