Add an Assignment
- 1 Visit the Assignments tool.
- 2 Click the Add option.
- 3 Give your assignment a title
- 4 Add assignment instructions
- 5 Add Integrity Pledge (Optional)
- 6 Add Attachments (Optional)
- 7 Specify Availability
- 8 Hide due date from students (Optional)
- 9 Add due date to Schedule (Optional)
- 10 Add an announcement (Optional)
Visit the Assignments tool.
Select the Assignments tool from the Tools Menu in your site.
Click the Add option.
Click the Add button to add a new assignment.
Give your assignment a title
The title of your assignment should be something descriptive and unique, as this is the title students will see when they go to the Assignments tool to submit their work.
Add assignment instructions
Enter the instructions for the assignment into the Rich Text Editor. You may use the editor to format your assignment description, and add images, links, or other media if desired.
Add Integrity Pledge (Optional)
When the Integrity Pledge option is selected, students must indicate acceptance of the Integrity Pledge before submitting their assignment: Integrity Pledge: I understand that Studying with Integrity means completing my own work and taking responsibility for demonstrating what I have learned. This includes citing the work and ideas of others appropriately, participating actively in group work situations, asking questions to gain clarification if I am unsure, and managing my time so that I can complete my best work.
Add Attachments (Optional)
If you would like to attach any additional files to the assignment, such as a grading rubric or peer review rubric, click the Add attachments button to browse for and attach file/s.
When you create a new assignment, the Open Date will default to the current day, and the Due Date and Accept Until dates will default to one week later. Change the dates using the calendar icon to bring up the date-picker pop-up calendar.
- The Open Date for your assignment is when it becomes available for students.
- The Due Date is the deadline to turn in the assignment.
- The Accept Until date allows you to accept late submissions after the due date. (Late student submissions marked as late.) If you do not accept late submissions, you may leave the Due Date and Accept Until date the same.
Tip: Often, faculty like to set the time on the due date to 11:55 PM, as that is the latest time you can select on a given day. Selecting 12:00 AM will display the date as the next day, and this may confuse students about the actual due date if they assume they have all day to turn in their work.
Hide due date from students (Optional)
If you would prefer for students not to see the assignment due date, check the box next to the Hide due date from students option.
Add due date to Schedule (Optional)
If you would like your assignment due date to be added automatically to the Schedule (a.k.a. Calendar) in your class, check the Add due date to Schedule box.