Add an external tool on a Lessons page
Instructors can add links to external tools, or LTI items, on a Lessons page. This allows instructors to seamlessly incorporate content from third party applications within the site.
- 1 Go to Lessons
- 2 Click Add Content, then Add External Tool
- 3 Specify the external tool
- 3.1 Select a tool from items already configured for your institution
- 3.2 And then click Save
- 3.3 The external tool will now appear on the Lessons page
- 3.4 Or, click Manage of Install Tools to add a new tool
- 3.5 Click Install LTI 1.1 Tool
- 3.6 Enter a tool title
- 3.7 Choose whether or not the title can be changed
- 3.8 Choose a custom icon (Optional)
- 4 More questions about the Lessons tool?
Go to Lessons
Click on the Lessons page title in the Tool Menu to display the page.
Note: The default or blank Lessons page contains text and images that explain the basic functionality of the Lessons tool.
Click Add Content, then Add External Tool
From the Add Content drop-down menu, select Add External Tool.
Specify the external tool
Select a tool from items already configured for your institution
If your institution has already configured one or more external tools at the system level, you may choose from any of the tools listed here.
To add it to the Lessons page, click on the tool title.
And then click Save
The external tool will now appear on the Lessons page
Or, click Manage of Install Tools to add a new tool
If there are no system level tools, or the tool you would like to add does not appear in the list, click on the Manage or Install Tools link to configure a new tool for your site only.
Click Install LTI 1.1 Tool
Enter a tool title
This is the title of the link as it will display on your Lessons page.