Add multiple parts to an assessment (i.e. test or quiz)
This explains how to create additional parts to assessment. Parts are often used to set up random question sets that pull questions from question pools.
- 1 Go to Tests & Quizzes
- 2 Select an assessment
- 3 Click Add Part
- 4 Add a Title
- 5 Add Information (Optional)
- 6 Add attachment (Optional)
- 7 Select Part Type
- 8 Add Metadata (Optional)
- 9 Click Save
- 10 More questions about the Tests and Quizzes tool?
Go to Tests & Quizzes
Select the Tests & Quizzes tool from the Tool Menu in your site.
Select an assessment
Questions may be added to any assessment. Select an existing assessment or create a new one.
Note: You may also add a question directly to a question pool.
Create a New Assessment
For more information on creating new assessments, see Create an assessment in Tests and Quizzes.
Or edit an existing assessment
Click Add Part
Add a Title
Type a title into the text box provided.
Note: If the part title is marked as the Default, the title will not appear to assessment takers.
Add Information (Optional)
Use the text box provided to type Information about the created part.
Note: To edit with Rich-Text Editor, click the hyperlink to open the full menu.
Add attachment (Optional)
Click Add Attachments to browse for and select a file attachment if desired.
Select Part Type
Choose the option to author questions one-on-one or select random draw from question pool.
Select the radio button to order the questions As listed on Assessment Questions page, or to order them Random within Part.
If "Random draw from question pool" is selected, the following options will display
- Enter the number of questions to draw from the selected question pool.
- Select the question pool from the drop-down menu.
- Choose to either randomize student questions each time an assessment is submitted or randomize student questions once for all submissions.
- Enter the point value for correct answers on each question. Note that all questions in this random draw must be worth the same amount of points.
- (Optional) For True/False and Multiple Choice, Single Correct questions, you may also enter a negative point value if a question is answered incorrectly.
Note: Point values entered here override any value that was specified for individual questions in the corresponding Question Pool.
Add Metadata (Optional)
Enter Metadata, such as the objective, keyword, and rubric, into the text boxes provided.
Click Save to save the question (or Cancel to exit).