Create a new course site
This page discusses the steps to creating a new Sakai site to support a future or current course.
- Most members of Brock faculty or staff are able to create sites on demand, though only instructors of courses are able to include student rosters
- Information about creating course sites without including students is available at x
- Sakai receives course and enrollment updates several times daily from Brock's central records. The most up-to-date course information is normally available from Brock's course Timetables
Click Create New Site
Select a site type and Academic term
- select course site
- select the Academic term during which your course will be delivered
- click Continue
Choose course sections to be included
Please note: it is strongly recommended that you consider adding only sections of the same course during this step!
- Check boxes associated with a section or sections that you wish to add to the new site
- Click Continue
Add information about the site
Though not required, the following steps are recommended at this stage:
- Edit the site title contain any additional information that might be useful to you and your students. This might include information about the year or the name of the instructor
- Add a Description of the course. Note that this information can be edited afterwards
- Confirm that Site Contact Name and Site Contact Email are correct
- Click Continue
select Tools and whether to Re-use Material
Select Tools that you wish to enable immediately within your new course site. Note that it will be possible add or remove tools at any time after the site's creation, as well.
As well, determine whether to Re-use or copy content from a previously used site as part of the new site's creation. This stage can also be performed at any time after the site's creation.