Create a new course site without students
This page discusses the steps to creating a new Sakai site if you're not yet identified by Brock's Timetable as Instructor of a course. Performing these steps will allow you to begin configuring your course site early with the option of later adding rosters of students.
- Most members of Brock faculty or staff are able to create sites on demand, though only instructors of courses are able to include student rosters
- Information about creating course sites for those known to be instructing a course are available at Create a new course site
- Sakai receives course and enrollment updates several times daily from Brock's central records. The most up-to-date course information is normally available from Brock's course Timetables
- 1 Open the Sites menu
- 2 Click Create New Site
- 3 Select a site type and Academic term
- 4 Select course information
- 5 Add information about the site
- 6 select Tools and whether to Re-use Material
- 7 Choose whether to Publish or Leave as Draft
- 8 Confirm and Create Site
- 9 More questions about the Sites menu?
Click Create New Site
Select a site type and Academic term
- select course site
- select the Academic term during which your course will be delivered
- click Continue
Select course information
Add information about the course which this site will ultimately support. Click Continue to proceed.
Add information about the site
Though not required, the following steps are recommended at this stage:
- Edit the site title contain any additional information that might be useful to you and your students. This might include information about the year or the name of the instructor
- Add a Description of the course. Note that this information can be edited afterwards
- Confirm that Site Contact Name and Site Contact Email are correct
- Click Continue
select Tools and whether to Re-use Material
Select Tools that you wish to enable immediately within your new course site. Note that it will be possible add or remove tools at any time after the site's creation, as well.
As well, determine whether to Re-use or copy content from a previously used site as part of the new site's creation. This stage can also be performed at any time after the site's creation.
Click Continue to proceed.
Choose whether to Publish or Leave as Draft
Published sites will immediately become available to students that have been included in the site. Draft sites are visible to the Instructor and Teaching Assistants only.
Click Continue to proceed.
Confirm and Create Site
Confirm that the information presented on the page is correct. Click Create Site to complete these steps.