Create a recurring meeting in Teams
Log into Teams
More information is available in the Where is Teams? page.
Click upon Teams
Now that you've logged into Teams, you will need to click the Teams menu button along the left-hand side of the tool (not to be confused with the software named Teams). Your various class Teams sites will appear here in squares labelled with the course code.
Click on the Team
Click on the Team that you want to schedule a recurring meeting in.
Schedule the Meeting
In the upper right corner, expand the Meet button by clicker the chevron and select Schedule a meeting
Configure the meeting
When the New Meeting window opens, fill in the following fields:
- Add a Title
- Set the correct date and time for the first occurrence
- Change the Repeat box to repeats Custom, or related pattern
- In the Custom recurrence area
- Set the Repeat every to 1 week (or as appropriate)
- Set the End to the last date of class
- Confirm that the meeting is associated with the current class Team’s General channel (or other channel as appropriate)
Click on Send
Once all details are added click Send at the upper-right
This process can be repeated for other channels.
Instructors may need to enter the Calendar on the left-hand and navigate to and delete single meeting occurrences that are repeating on holidays or during other conflicts.
Joining a Meeting
Students and Instructors can join the Scheduled meeting in the MS Teams Calendar or the Teams channel itself. Watch for the Calendar icon to signify that you are joining the scheduled meeting, not joining or creating an ad-hoc channel meeting (which is a common source of confusion).