Enable Student Peer Assessment
- 1 Visit the Assignments tool.
- 2 Click Add to create a new assignment
- 3 Or click Edit to edit a draft assignment
- 4 Choose Points as the grade scale and enter a maximum point value
- 5 Under Additional Assignment Options, select Use peer assessment
- 6 Click Post
- 7 More questions about the Assignments tool?
Visit the Assignments tool.
Select the Assignments tool from the Tools Menu in your site.
Click Add to create a new assignment
Or click Edit to edit a draft assignment
Note: You can only select the peer assessment option for a new or draft assignment. Once the assignment has been posted for students, you cannot change this setting.
Choose Points as the grade scale and enter a maximum point value
In order to use Peer Assessment, the assignment must be set to a Points grade scale.
Under Additional Assignment Options, select Use peer assessment
Peer assessment facilitates student peer review of assignments.
When select the radio button for Use Peer Assessment, the settings will expand to show additional options. You may indicate the following items here:
- The evaluation period end date. (This date must be after the Accept Until date for the assignment.)
- Whether or not reviews are anonymous.
- Whether or not students may see reviews of their own assignments.
- The number of reviews each student must complete.
- Instructions for reviewers.
Note: You must be using a Points grade scale in order to enable peer review and it cannot be a group assignment.
Click Post to save your changes.