For Students - Getting Started with Sakai
- 1 Welcome to Sakai!
- 2 FAQs about getting started as a student
- 2.1 How can I find Sakai?
- 2.2 How can I log into Sakai?
- 2.3 How can I find my courses?
- 2.4 One of my courses is not available in Sakai. Is something wrong?
- 2.5 How can I change my favourited courses?
- 2.6 Where can I get technical help?
- 2.7 How can I download the course syllabus?
- 2.8 How can I submit an assignment?
- 2.9 How can I begin a quiz?
Welcome to Sakai!
Sakai (sometimes called 'Isaak-Sakai' or 'Isaak') is Brock University's online system for managing your course work. Sakai can be used to track your courses, download course materials, submit your course work, communicate with your instructors, or sometimes to connect to other places across the web.
FAQs about getting started as a student
How can I find Sakai?
It can also be located from most Brock University webpages:
- visit any brocku.ca webpage
- open Menu
- click Isaak/Sakai
How can I log into Sakai?
After visiting https://lms.brocku.ca/portal/, click Brock Login.
If you haven't logged into Sakai in a little while, you'll be directed to a Microsoft-hosted login page. Enter your Brock email and click Next.
You'll be directed to Brock's login page. Enter your full Brock email and password and click Sign in.
Lastly, you'll be prompted to approve your login using your chosen authenticator method. Visit Brock University's Multi-Factor Authentication page for more information about setting up authentication.
How can I find my courses?
Many of your courses will appear within your navigation near the top of any page in Sakai. Clicking upon a course title will allow you visit that course's space in Sakai.
A full list of your courses in Sakai from the current and previous terms is available to you from the Sites area. After opening Sites, click upon a course to enter its Sakai site.
One of my courses is not available in Sakai. Is something wrong?
- If the class has just begun, give it a few days. Many course instructors choose to open their Sakai sites to students on or near the first day of classes.
- If you've just registered for a course, it can sometimes take up to one day for the course's Sakai site to appear for you.
- Steps in How can I find my courses? above might help you locate a missing course.