Invite students to a Teams class meeting
If you've already arranged to have a Teams space created for your class (contact CPI at email@example.com if you wish to arrange for this), the following are some steps to inviting students to a class meeting.
- 1 Add Teams to your course's Sakai site (optional)
- 2 Locate your course's Teams space
- 3 Click the Calendar icon
- 4 Click New Meeting
- 5 Add your meeting to a channel
- 6 Click Save
- 7 More questions about Teams?
Add Teams to your course's Sakai site (optional)
These steps create a useful launch point to Teams for you and your students from a space with which you might already be comfortable. Some information is available at Add a link to Teams in Sakai
Locate your course's Teams space
Teams is available directly to all members of the Brock community via https://teams.microsoft.com/.
Log in with Brock email
Enter your Brock email into the Microsoft login space:
Log in with Brock credentials
Enter your full Brock email and password to complete login. Note that you may not be required to take this step if you've logged into Brock services recently.
Click the Calendar icon
Click New Meeting
Add your meeting to a channel
By default, your course's Teams space will possess a General channel in which an all-class meeting invite can be made available. This step will also send a meeting invite to your students' Brock email.
- Click Add channel
- Click upon your course title
- Select the General channel
Some other details to consider
- The meeting title will appear as a calendar item for you and your students.
- Will class meetings recur weekly or otherwise with some regularity? If so, consider configuring the invitation accordingly.
- If a channel is specified, this is no need to manually select meeting invitation recipients