Override a course grade in Gradebook
From EdTech Help
- When manually entering a course grade, you must use the appropriate grade type for the gradebook schema you have selected. For example, if the course is graded on a simple letter grade scale, you will only be able to enter the letters A, B, C, D, or F. If the course is graded on a standard letter grade scale, you will also be able to add + (plus sign) or - (minus sign) to the letter grade. If the course is graded on a Pass/Not pass scale, you will only be able to enter the letters P or N.
- A numerical value for the override can be entered, however the value will be mapped to the letter grade scale (meaning that the numerical grade does not change but the letter grade does). For example if the letter grade scale is set so the minimum % for an A grade is 95 then entering a numerical value of 97 will be mapped to 95%.
- If you wish to make a manual or exceptional adjustment to a final grade, the recommended course of action is to use Faculty Gradebook through my.brocku.ca to do so. Please refer to this page for more information on how to transfer course grades into the student information system:
Go to Gradebook
Select Gradebook from the Tool Menu in your site.
In the Course Grade column, select the down arrow within the cell for the student's grade and choose Course Grade Override
Enter override score and save
- Enter the new course grade to replace the autocalculated grade.
- Click Save Course Grade Override.