Share video from my computer
This page describes how to share video that is saved on your computer after having been created in a software such MS Powerpoint, Snagit. These steps can also apply to video that's been created and saved using mobile devices.
- 1 Create a new Lessons page
- 2 Click Add Content
- 3 Click the Embed Echo360 Media button
- 4 Open the Upload Existing Media tab
- 5 Click the Select Media button
- 6 Upload a video file
- 7 Click Insert
- 8 Click the video that you'd like to share
- 9 Click Insert
- 10 Click Save
- 11 More questions about the Videos tool?
Create a new Lessons page
The Lessons tool is a popular solution to creating online content within Sakai and can display embedded video very effectively. For information about enabling the Lessons tool, see https://sakai.screenstepslive.com/s/sakai_help/m/68426/l/728680-how-do-i-create-a-new-lessons-page.
Click Add Content
Click Add Content and then Add Text.
Clicking the Embed Echo360 Media button within the text editor's options will allow you to begin uploading your video.
Open the Upload Existing Media tab
Switch to the Upload Existing Media tab.
Upload a video file
- Drag a video file into the Select Files to Upload area;
- or click Select Files to Upload to search your computer for the video file you'd like to submit.
This step will create an embedded frame for your video. If you'd like to optionally modify the size of the video embed, other options are available in the Size menu.
This step will create an embed from for your video. If you'd like to optionally modify the size of the video embed, other options are available in the Size menu.
Click the Save button to complete the video embed and allow your students to view the video in Lessons.