Submit an Assignment
Visit the Assignments tool
Select the Assignments tool from the Tools Menu in your site.
Click on the title of the assignment
You will a list of all assignments in the site. The following information will be displayed for each assignment.
- Assignment title, or name of the assignment.
- Status (i.e. Not Started, In Progress, Submitted, Returned, etc.).
- Open date when the assignment becomes available to students.
- Due date, or deadline to turn in the assignment.
Select the assignment you want to submit by clicking on the title of the assignment in the list.
Enter and/or attach your assignment
1. Students submission progress bar. As you progress, each step you take will be highlighted.
"In Progress" is a draft version of your submission.
"Submitted" means that the student submission has been accepted by Sakai and sent to the instructor.
"Returned" means that the submission has been viewed and assessed by the instructor and released for students to see any feedback or grades that are provided.
Depending on the assignment settings, you may be allowed to enter your submission in the Textbox (as in the case of text, web links, video or audio) and/or attach a file or files.
- Enter your submission text or video or audio or web link into the Assignment Text area using the Rich Text Editor.
- Under Attachments, click the Choose File button to browse for an select a file to upload from your computer. (Alternately, you may also click the Other upload options button to select a file you have already uploaded.)
- Clicking on Proceed will bring you to the submit page.
- Clicking on Save or Save Draft will save your submission in Sakai but will not send it to the Instructor.
View attached file
Once you have attached your file, the name of the file, as well as the file size and upload time stamp will be displayed under Attachments.
Tip: You may click Remove to remove the attachment if you selected the wrong file.
Submit your assignment
Be sure to click on Proceed to arrive at the submission screen.
Tip: If you are not yet ready to submit, you may click Preview to preview the submission, or Save Draft to save your submission and submit it later. Click Cancel to exit the assignment without saving or submitting.
When you are ready to turn in your assignment, click the Submit button to complete your assignment submission.
Once you have submitted your assignment, you will receive a confirmation message on screen. In addition, if you have opted to receive email notifications, you will also receive an email confirmation of your submission.
Noting on the Assignment list page successfully submitted assignments look like this:
If it says "In Progress" under status it means the submission is not complete and the instructor does not have a copy of the submission.