What is Crowdmark
Crowdmark is a tool that has been integrated into Sakai to add a digital workflow to hand-written assignments.
Instructors can create Crowdmark courses based on their active Sakai courses, then create assignments that require scientific, mathematical or musical notation in the response, or provide an artifact to be labelled. Crowdmark allows for easy distribution and collection of student work, offers tools for the assembly and management of grading teams, and provides an online workflow that streamlines grading and the delivery of rich feedback to students.
Members of the Brock University community can now access Crowdmark at https://app.crowdmark.com/sign-in/brock-university or by visiting the main Crowdmark web page and selecting "Sign In" (top right) and then select "Sign In through your school" "Brock University (bottom), and follow the prompts.
To get a quick sense of what Crowdmark can do and how it works please view this short 2 minute YouTube Crowdmark video.
A recording of the Friday, September 4, 2020 introductory workshop is also available.
Resrouces Crowdmark for Instructors
- General Help Page
- Getting Started Guide Crowdmark has an excellent Getting Started Guide. Brock instructors can follow this guide, simply replacing the first "Create a course" step with "Import a Course".
- Dates and registration information for live information sessions
Instructors from Brock should sign up for Existing User sessions (even if they have not previously used Crowdmark).
Things to Consider
- Students will not see the course until an assessment has been sent out.
- Instructors can add themselves as a student to help in understanding the current site configuration. Instructors can toggle from being part of the "Instruction Team" or a "Student" in the context selector found at the top right near your avatar and name.
- The student enrollment in Crowdmark is only updated through Instructor actions. Either the Sync with Sakai process or enrolling or disenrolling students.
- Co-Instructors, TAs, Marker & Graders need to be added to the Team as an Instructor or Grader by an Instructor. These roles are not synced from Sakai.